The mountainous geography and rugged topography with stunning natural beauty of and the relatively isolated nature of its trekking trail make the country a veritable paradise for trekkers. Bhutan in general is a bountiful destination for nature lovers with virgin mountain lakes, imposing glaciers, rich Himalayan eco-systems that are home to many endangered birds and animals. The stunning adventure trekking routes are mostly located in the northern part of the country taking trekkers teasingly close to the snowlines and letting you experience amazing natural landscape. In general trekking in Bhutan takes trekkers on a journey of natural discovery and self-contemplation. It offers unique insights into the serenity and beauty of the wilderness, and arcane sights and sounds, untouched by the marauding denudation of globalization. Bhutan offers a wide range of trekking route, from a short three days trek to a grueling rigorous of 31 days called Snowman Trek that runs through one of the most exotic landscape of Bhutan. These 31 days trekking trail takes you pass more than 12 mountain passes located over 5000 meters above sea level. It is considered the toughest trek in the world. Most trekking route in Bhutan offers a wonderful opportunity for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers.
Guide, Staff and Trekking Gear
Wild Mountain Adventure has sets of professional trekking crew. All our trekking guides and cooks will accompany you throughout your trek.
- The support team usually consists of a qualified trekking guide, a cook, and a number of assistants
- The ponies and Yaks used on treks are accompanied by their owners, who go ahead of the group so that camp is already set up by the time you arrive.
- We provide a dinning tent, toilet tent, dome or A-frame sleeping tent (twin-sharing), mattress, foldable tables & chairs, plates & washing bowl with hot water for a morning wash. We also carry a basic First Aid kit.
- Drinks on Trek
- Short and Easy Trek: This trek is generally short and moderate fits for beginners or family with children. The trail follows the old trade routes between villages to village.
- Moderate Trek: It is a mixture of low and high altitude hiking, with some short and long duration.
- Hard Trek: Recommend for experienced trekkers. It takes trekkers through several ascend and descent passing several high altitude passes, long walking a day. It required an average level of fitness.
- Strenuous/Endurance: Recommended for trekking experts and required high level of fitness. It takes trekkers through passing several mountains passes a day with long walking hours, long duration, challenging landscape and most of the time, the campsite will be in the snow. High degree of fitness and stamina is required.
Food on Trek
On trekking all meals are included. We provide both local and continental healthy foods on camp with your choice so to bring your camping adventure an enjoyable and memorable one. Our trekking cook, coordinate the shopping with fresh and healthy products from the market and prepare in the camp to give you healthy, delicious meals. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Breakfast: In breakfast, we usually serve toast, juice, milk, coffee, tea, cereal, fresh fruits, fried bacon or sausage, pancakes and egg.
- Lunch: We usually carry packed hot lunch.
- Dinner: We serve range of freshly available meats, like grilled meat, fresh fish and chicken, fresh pork and beef, optional vegetable available. We also provide local and regional specialties.
Regarding food, if you are vegetarian, do let us know while booking.
Where to sleep
Various camping locations were used depending upon the available water source, into the pine clad valleys, majestic hinterland or spurs with endless views, a heaven of still and scenic beauty, in the village with the local community surrounding you, nearby the temple & monastery with early morning sound and chanting of religious ceremony, near by the lakes and sometime in the most remote small rustic, wilderness with beautiful areas. Moreover, we used the existing clean campsite while on trek.
- Standard: Simple, clean and comfortable accommodation with two person tents, camp mattress, camp pillow, hot water bottle and fleece blankets.
- Luxury: We offer luxury service with comfort. Comfortable space tent with comfortable two single beds, comfortable pillows, mattress, and hot water bottle and fleece blankets were served on our luxury trek.
- Premium: A touch of style. Experiencing the remote and wilderness with luxurious distinctive feel.